Do you know what agricultural product uses the most water while being produced?
The correct answer is….coffee.
This was just one of the 17 Green-themed trivia questions included in our Earth Month celebrations. Our Earth Month version of pub trivia tested everyone’s memory as most questions were taken from presentations we’ve had in the past few weeks. Teams of three tested their knowledge while enjoying local beers, snacks, and an earth month playlist.
The competition was fierce, but after four rounds and a bonus question, the Green Lanterns took home first prize and tickets to the Artists for Humanity Greatest Party on Earth. Our second and third place teams selected from an assortment of books, reusable water bottles, and bags. Our staff is a competitive bunch, and we’re looking forward to the next round of Arrowstreet trivia.
Think you’re a sustainability pro? Test your knowledge with the questions and answers below and then host your own round of Earth Month trivia!
- What is the maximum amount of global warming (in degrees Celsius)that the earth can sustain in order to not cause global disaster?
- What metric is used to compare the energy use between buildings of the same type and what units is it expressed?
- What year was the first Earth Day?
- When all of the carbon reduction agreements that nations have made from the COP 21 Paris Agreement are combined together they equal how many degrees Celsius global warming?
- What is the name of the 2007 Prince music tour which sold out 21 performances at the O2 Arena in London?
- What industry consumes the most water?
- The series of parks that run through the city of Boston from Boston Common to Franklin Park are also referred to by this name?
- What international agreement set the groundwork for phasing out chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) and other substances known to deplete the ozone layer?
- What book helped launch the modern environmental movement and led to the widespread ban of DDT?
- What three countries emit the most carbon?
- According to a report by the World Health Organization (WHO), what percent of all preventable disease worldwide is due to environmental causes?
- What harmful bi‐product is produced by the presence of organic matter (compost) in landfills?
- What celebrity coined the phrase “It’s not easy bein’ green”?
- Name 2 of the top 3 agricultural products that use the most water to produce.
- History In what state did the Exxon Valdez oil spill occur?
- 2 degrees
- EUI (energy use intensity) kbtu/sf/yr or kWh/sf/yr
- 7 ‐ 3.5 degrees
- Earth Tour
- Agriculture or food
- Emerald Necklace
- Montreal Protocol
- Silent Spring
- China, US, India
- Kermit the Frog
- Coffee, beef, lamb/sheep