Think Arrowstreet is a good fit for you? We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and professional development compensation. Arrowstreet is an E-Verify firm and Equal Opportunity Employer. Submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio (<10mb) via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrowstreet, rated one of the top 50 US architecture firms by Architect magazine, is hiring. Our central Boston location offers access to food trucks, green space, the BSA, and all MBTA lines. You’ll enjoy a flexible and creative atmosphere, contributing to design ideas, and being supported and mentored. Our wide range of project types and approach to architecture and design offers unmatched professional growth opportunities.
Our culture encourages team members to interact, collaborate, and socialize – working hard on high-quality projects while encouraging a work-life balance that we believe creates better design and buildings. We value our staff as our best asset; design forums, activities, professional training, weekly gatherings, and outings help maintain a culture that supports creative, thought-leading design solutions. Our clients are regular visitors to the studio, often welcoming their business partners to convene and brainstorm. There is always something going on here!
• Stay driven by the challenge of creating great design
• Believe our staff is our greatest asset
• Reward thinking and ideas with responsibility
• Believe that collaboration brings ideas to life
• Are always striving to evolve
Architect – Building Envelope Expert10+ Years
- Large-scale commercial development with complex cladding systems.
- Provide strong technical/construction methodology and detailing support.
- Have delivered unique building envelope construction (facades, roofing, waterproofing) document packages that satisfy both the aesthetic and technical needs of a project.
- Have experience in “Design Assist” process, coordinating with construction manager and fabricator.
- Have experience coordinating with other trades such as Structure and MEP.
- The ability to produce high quality coordinate drawings coupled with solid Revit skills.
- Understanding Building and Energy Code.
- Experience with complex geometry.
- Team player that is willing to mentor and learn.
- Leading the coordination with the design architects and providing guidance on technical and code related matters and working to distill the critical design intent elements.
- Leading the coordination effort between the consultants and both assessing and incorporating the work of related specialist contractors.
- Communicating with the client, general contractor and participate in regular cost analysis and VE.
- Producing construction documents for the building envelope.
Senior Project Architect9-12 Years
Innovative design architect needed to develop high-performance, sustainable building facades for medium to high-rise buildings in downtown Boston and the Seaport District, including both new construction and adaptive re-use. Incorporate sustainable design and building performance considerations using advanced building and energy modeling tools, including digital fabrication techniques, to produce innovative, high-performing building designs. Strong ability to collaborate with the design and construction teams preferred.
Project Architect – Life Sciences7-11 Years
Technically oriented project architects needed for our life sciences practice. Must understand lab and office requirements for life science projects, including integration of complex building systems and equipment. Work within small project teams on fast paced projects that are helping Boston and Cambridge maintain leadership in the bioscience field.
Mid-Level Architects – Renovations and Life Sciences5-7 Years
Strong architects needed on a variety of project types, including renovations, life sciences and mixed-use. Must have demonstrated design and construction abilities to produce integrated projects. Work on large and small scaled projects with a fun and exciting team. Ability to design, detail and build is preferred.
Project Architect – Residential/Mixed Use7-11 Years
Strong project leaders needed for mixed-use residential buildings, with a particular emphasis on wood-framed construction experience. Understanding of market trends and code requirements for residential units required. Able to lead small to large project teams to integrate design and technical considerations to produce innovative residential projects.
Seeking strong designer to assist with exciting projects, including commercial/multi-family, academic and life sciences. Must be facile with design studies using a variety of modeling tools, including renderings and physical models. Ability to integrate design, building performance, sustainability and constructability is preferred.