Think Arrowstreet is a good fit for you? We offer competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and professional development compensation. Arrowstreet is an E-Verify firm and Equal Opportunity Employer. Submit your resume, cover letter, and portfolio (<10mb) via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arrowstreet, rated one of the top 50 US architecture firms by Architect magazine, is hiring. Our central Boston location offers access to food trucks, green space, the BSA, and all MBTA lines. You’ll enjoy a flexible and creative atmosphere, contributing to design ideas, and being supported and mentored. Our wide range of project types and approach to architecture and design offers unmatched professional growth opportunities.
Our culture encourages team members to interact, collaborate, and socialize – working hard on high-quality projects while encouraging a work-life balance that we believe creates better design and buildings. We value our staff as our best asset; design forums, activities, professional training, weekly gatherings, and outings help maintain a culture that supports creative, thought-leading design solutions. Our clients are regular visitors to the studio, often welcoming their business partners to convene and brainstorm. There is always something going on here!
• Stay driven by the challenge of creating great design
• Believe our staff is our greatest asset
• Reward thinking and ideas with responsibility
• Believe that collaboration brings ideas to life
• Are always striving to evolve
Manager of People & Culture10 Years +
Arrowstreet is an award-winning design firm that is thoroughly committed to advancing the quality of the built environment. Arrowstreet is located in Boston’s Downtown Financial District, where we have developed partnerships with industry leaders and explore emerging technologies to expand our practice, and better shape the future. We maintain a staff of 80 which is largely comprised of architects, graphic designers, interior design, and planners, who provide a full range of design services.
The ideal Manager of People and Culture must be able to exercise independent judgement to handle multiple priorities, be detail-oriented and curious; possessing strong problem-solving and analytical skills. To succeed in this role, the candidate should have strong communication and organization skills and be a collaborative team member willing to advance the goals of Arrowstreet.
The selected candidate will be responsible for setting, administering, and evaluating legally compliant human resource policies, procedures, and best practices. The incumbent will help identify and implement long-range strategic talent management goals.
This position reports to the Chief Operations Officer. The position is 40 hours per week with a hybrid onsite schedule of a min of 3 days per week.
Additional information regarding core responsibilities is listed below:
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Promote a culture of fairness and equity, and opportunities for advancement
- Respond to employee requests for reasonable accommodations under Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
- Work collaboratively with contracted DEI supports to enhance company culture, employee wellbeing and in support of strategic diversity goals
General Human Resources and Compliance
- Serve as central point of contact and support employees, managers, and executive leadership on personnel issues
- Recommend policy and procedure changes related to HR
- Educate and inform managers and employees of employment law updates and requirements
- Conduct Employee investigations and fact finding, support managers in appropriate progressive discipline through termination of employees in accordance with company policies
- Enhance job satisfaction by resolving issues promptly, drive and coordinate team building activities
- Conduct exit interviews with employees
- Ensure compliance with labor regulations
- Serve as Sexual Harassment Prevention Officer
Employment and Staffing
- Assist with recruitment for open positions from a diverse pool of applicants
- Support hiring managers in recruitment, interviewing, and vetting of candidates for employment
Classification and Compensation
- Conduct periodic review of organization compensation structure
- Manage and implement employee perks and benefits
Training and Professional Development
- Recommend, plan, and implement staff training; coordinate and ensure access to mandatory and auxiliary training
- Evaluate current process and recommend improvements for annual performance reviews
- Evaluate completed performance reviews and 4-month check-ins and identify trends & lessons learned for firm leaders.
Future of Work
- Assist in developing and implement policies and procedures that support employee hybrid work schedules and related needs that emerge in a hybrid environment
Minimum Qualifications Required
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- Excellent oral and written presentation and communication skills
- Ability to engage and develop relationships with employees
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, work under pressure and perform a variety of tasks in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Ability to prepare and handle confidential documents and sensitive information
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word, Outlook
- At least ten (10) years in an HR related role working across multiple facets of Human Resources (including compliance, training, personnel)
- Understanding of the importance/commitment to diversity initiatives, including shaping and developing a positive, inclusive, diverse, and supportive workplace culture
Arrowstreet is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Arrowstreet offers a competitive benefits package and opportunities for advancement.
Submit your resume and three (3) references to email@example.com
Architect – Building Envelope Expert10+ Years
- Large-scale commercial development with complex cladding systems.
- Provide strong technical/construction methodology and detailing support.
- Have delivered unique building envelope construction (facades, roofing, waterproofing) document packages that satisfy both the aesthetic and technical needs of a project.
- Have experience in “Design Assist” process, coordinating with construction manager and fabricator.
- Have experience coordinating with other trades such as Structure and MEP.
- The ability to produce high quality coordinate drawings coupled with solid Revit skills.
- Understanding Building and Energy Code.
- Experience with complex geometry.
- Team player that is willing to mentor and learn.
- Leading the coordination with the design architects and providing guidance on technical and code related matters and working to distill the critical design intent elements.
- Leading the coordination effort between the consultants and both assessing and incorporating the work of related specialist contractors.
- Communicating with the client, general contractor and participate in regular cost analysis and VE.
- Producing construction documents for the building envelope.
Senior Project Architect9-12 Years
Innovative design architect needed to develop high-performance, sustainable building facades for medium to high-rise buildings in downtown Boston and the Seaport District, including both new construction and adaptive re-use. Incorporate sustainable design and building performance considerations using advanced building and energy modeling tools, including digital fabrication techniques, to produce innovative, high-performing building designs. Strong ability to collaborate with the design and construction teams preferred.
Project Architect – Life Sciences7-11 Years
Technically oriented project architects needed for our life sciences practice. Must understand lab and office requirements for life science projects, including integration of complex building systems and equipment. Work within small project teams on fast paced projects that are helping Boston and Cambridge maintain leadership in the bioscience field.
Mid-Level Architects – Renovations and Life Sciences5-7 Years
Strong architects needed on a variety of project types, including renovations, life sciences and mixed-use. Must have demonstrated design and construction abilities to produce integrated projects. Work on large and small scaled projects with a fun and exciting team. Ability to design, detail and build is preferred.
Project Architect – Residential/Mixed Use7-11 Years
Strong project leaders needed for mixed-use residential buildings, with a particular emphasis on wood-framed construction experience. Understanding of market trends and code requirements for residential units required. Able to lead small to large project teams to integrate design and technical considerations to produce innovative residential projects.
Seeking strong designer to assist with exciting projects, including commercial/multi-family, academic and life sciences. Must be facile with design studies using a variety of modeling tools, including renderings and physical models. Ability to integrate design, building performance, sustainability and constructability is preferred.
Job Title: Designers
10 Post Office Square, Suite 700N
Boston, MA 02109
10 Post Office Square, Suite 700N
Boston, MA 02109
- Manage and develop design concepts for large complex building and master plans;
- Develop massing and façade designs and engage in master planning for large residential, hospitality, retail, and life science projects;
- Produce high quality architectural drawings and realistic renderings that deliver clear narratives to stakeholders;
- Communicate with different clients and design consultants by using multiple 3D modeling tools such as Rhino, Revit, and SketchUp;
- Research and define problems or opportunities of a project and develop creative design solutions for clients in a fast-paced, iterative design process;
- Make the design iteration process more efficient for complex buildings by using visual programming tools such as Grasshopper;
- Strategize environmental design approaches according to the features of each project and conduct computer-aided simulations with parametric tools including Ladybug, Honeybee, and LightStanza;
- Develop design details by researching building materials and products; and
- Constantly evaluate how a given building will be experienced by users; iterate and improve those experiences as needed.
Travel Requirement: 5% domestic travel required (going to meeting and job sites).
Telecommuting is an option as long as the individual is based in the Boston, Massachusetts region as some in-office work will be required.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Employer requires a Master’s Degree in Architecture or a closely related field and work experience developing detailed design concepts gained through at least one (1) year of work experience or four relevant postsecondary academic courses.
In addition, the employer requires the following:
- Demonstrated ability effectively articulating design concepts to others and presenting concepts and storytelling in a compelling manner gained through at least one (1) year of work experience or four relevant postsecondary academic courses;
- Demonstrated ability preparing drawings, layouts, and reports incorporating various aspects of projects such as materials, specifications, and costs gained through at least one (1) year of work experience or four relevant postsecondary academic courses;
- Demonstrated ability producing, coordinating, and overseeing presentations and deliverables such as diagrams, 3D models, drawings, renderings, physical models, and animations gained through at least one (1) year of work experience or four relevant postsecondary academic courses; and
- Demonstrated knowledge of REVIT, Grasshopper, Python, Rhino, Lumion, and Enscape, to assist in the development of design concepts through construction documents gained through at least one (1) year of work experience or four relevant postsecondary academic courses.
All years of experience and coursework may be gained concurrently.
This position is eligible for the Arrowstreet Employee Referral Incentive Program.
Applicants can send resumes to Arrowstreet Inc., 10 Post Office Square, Suite 700N, Boston, MA 02109 (Attn: Kathie Chainey-Flajnik, Req #72021) or firstname.lastname@example.org